Finding a way through

About a year ago I started reading this blog called Atomictumor. At that time it was being written by a 28 year old(?) man whose wife had taken ill and was in a coma. They had gotten married very young, had two young sons. She ended up losing her battle and it was later discovered that the cause of her illness was a kidney infection that spread through her body.

I never stopped reading after that. AT wrote through the pain and shared his story completely. His grace and his love for his wife and his family was something I told everyone who would listen about. His grieving and his subsequent re-birth of sorts has come full circle. AT is in love and she said yes today. Love is really a simple thing when you let it be. When I see it that simply left to its own devices, it gives me hope that it can be that simple in my home. For those I care so deeply about and for those who I struggle with.

Its these stories, of love and loss and pain and hope through the worst of times that make me believe deeply in God's presence in our lives. Oh, you can call her God, Buddha or the goddess of the east or whatever your religion has chosen for a name for this power in our lives.

To believe in something makes all things endurable. I share my life with someone who doesn't necessarily believe in God. He struggles with finding hope and seeing grace and The Beauty (AT's term, not mine). I wish I could convince him that there is someone/thing/being watching over us, that life throws us curveballs for reasons. That we are in fact exactly where we are supposed to be. Good Fate makes sure of this.

Seeing through the hard times and coming out on the other side might never leave us the same as we were. And who would want that anyhow? Our character, our "stuff" is tested and strengthened so that what comes next can be answered that much more wisely.

I know that there are a few people who read this blog who struggle with things. And I hope that you, all of you, will take some time and reflect on those things. Distancing yourself from the mire and the muck, look on yourself in birds eye view for a moment. Sometimes we can't find our path in the darkness. Pull yourself up and out, let God's light find it for you. Its often one step in front of you, where you might have forgotten it.

Comments

Popular Posts