Rough Monday for JP & Everyone I Know

The little dude is sore and not happy. He went to daycare today and they ended up calling me around 10ish. He had been pitching fits and crying and carrying on all morning. They were afraid that he could pop a stitch. Soooo... I picked him up and brought him to my office. Aaron brought him to my parent's house where he spent a nice, quiet day.

Sometimes I can't escape the guilt about sending him to daycare. Even an amazing place like Stonybrook where he does all these great things and learns so much. I think every working mom feels this way sometimes. It sucks. I know I don't have a choice, I even accept the fact that I could never do the things they do there. I just wouldn't have the money!! Every day they make all these cool things, they have piles of books, sing a longs with a guitarist, they paint, sculpt and all sorts of things. I need to just go and accept that he is going to have to learn how to cope. Somehow though, I can't shake the guilties today.

In other terrific news, my sister Lisa spent the day in the ER. She is having severe head and neck pain. She refused a spinal tap, they wanted to check her for meningitis. They did a CT Scan and it was fine. She is home now. They gave her two cortisone shots in her neck and a bunch of morphine.

My coworker Kim found out her 7 year old has scoliosis.

My other coworker found out her not quite 2 year old has a rare mitochondrial disease that is terminal. No one knows for sure how long she has, maybe months, maybe years.

The dogs are sleeping. I think I'll let them lie.

Comments

Popular Posts