Should never have gotten out of bed.

Yeah the day from hell just won't effing end. Aaron worked until like 2 am so I was on my own this morning with les boys. Super fun. I am in so much freaking pain I can't really go up my stairs very well. Imagine my joy at constantly forgetting things upstairs... I swear to God I think I heard my kneecap fall off and tinker down the stairs at one point.

Open the door to FINALLY leave (about 20 minutes late) and damn if it wasn't snowing. Seth runs right out, eats the snow. JP took one look and started screaming. Here it is 12 hours later and he is STILL screaming. He has not had a good day today. So, I finally convinced him that the snow wasn't hot and it wasn't a boo boo. He very slowly stepped outside, Seth had it covering his face and proclaimed that it was in fact, "LUMMY SNOW MOMMY!!" To which I replied, "Just make sure it isn't lellow."

Three car accidents on the highway. Three. I used to think that the first few accidents of the winter involved newly transplanted Southerners learning the hard way about braking, sudden turns and bad tires. Its better than thinking us Northeasterners are so stupid that we need to learn how to drive in the snow annually. And, its just fun to blame Southern folk for shit.

Right, so three accidents. None too serious. Added about 30 minutes to my commute. You know, with two toddlers who hate being in the car. You can only point out so many "Big trucks!" and "OOOhhhhh POLICE CARS!" before completely losing your mind.

Finally get to the daycare and realize I forgot their new snowpants. I feel like an idiot. Oh, and I haven't been able to get to the grocery store, so lunch today was bought at Cumberlands and left in the plastic bag. Fabulous times two.

Went to Target after work because that's always fun. I can't really bend my knees very well, so that was a huge help while pushing a shopping cart filled with two boys and bags through the slush and snow and puddles. By now the boys are getting hungry and tired. We hit Burger King. BK sucks because the kids meals come in bags... these are not 2 year old nor car seat friendly. The McDonalds boxes are... I lose once again. All the way home Seth is FREAKING out because he can't reach his food. So he does what a normal 2 yo does: he throws the bag into the back of the van. I'm driving down 91 in horrible 6:00 and holiday traffic. Seth is SCREAMING for his food. JP is crying because he already drank all his juice and wants more.

Once home, I have to follow the system of keeping kids safe and dogs inside. Bags are brought into the yard while the boys stay buckled (aka Screaming). Dogs are barking inside because they hear us. Boys come into yard, gate is now secured with a lovely leash-looped-around-posts-and-clipped system because Sammi knows how to open gates. At 6:30 pm the boys are now screaming again because once more I'm a stupid A-hole. I broke the Twin Commandment.

Thou Shalt Not Buy One Toy of Unique Style

JP chose a set of matchboxes. Seth chose this little truck that lights up and moves. Imagine my surprise when they start tackling each other over the light up truck.

It is now 9:01 pm. And for the first time since they got into bed at 8:11 they are quiet.

And now my arms are sore.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular Posts